Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why do men get intimidated by women?

Go down 
+4
300z32x
nismo300zr2
amys300zx
Z_trbl_mkr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Why do men get intimidated by women? Empty
PostSubject: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:29 pm

I have noticed latly in my own life that I have been mostly surrounded by men who get intimidated by me. Especially my father and brother. I never realized why they were such asses. But after talking with Kelly (thanks again BTW) we both came to the comclusion that they are just intimidated by strong women.

Once I figured this out I started to wonder, do any of you other gals have that prblem with any men in general?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
amys300zx

amys300zx

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:51 am

Hmmm no not really. Unless you count nerdy guys, but they are scared of their own shadow!! So they dont count lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3103427
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 6:27 am

amys300zx wrote:
Hmmm no not really. Unless you count nerdy guys, but they are scared of their own shadow!! So they dont count lol

Embarassed that USED to be me! i never dated in high school if you can believe that, i was always intimidated by the gals i lusted over.
they were hott- too out of my league
they were in the cool crowd
they had their own nice cars already
they were better than me in school or sports

i guess i was pretty 'sheltered by my family, even though i grew up in big cities. It wasnt until after joining the Marines that my confidence grew a little.. a few years later i was scouted by a talent agency for modeling.. did a few gigs and got an extreme confidence boost. Since then i can finally look at women in the eye, smile,.. (flirt) and no longer shy or look away.

i guess it all really depends on the self confidence of the guy. (girl?! Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
amys300zx

amys300zx

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 8:03 am

nismo300zr2 wrote:
amys300zx wrote:

Embarassed that USED to be me! i never dated in high school if you can believe that, i was always intimidated by the gals i lusted over.

i never dated in high school either - I went to one of those stuck up high schools. so i was never interested in the guys there. last summer I ran into one of those stuck up guys @ a local bar - he had gained tons of weight & he was like "omg u were in my english class, i had a huge crush on u!" haha i just kinda got away from him as quick as i could. not cause of the weight but because he was an idiot in high school. he then got kicked out of the bar from getting in a fight that night...Wooooo lol

Last edited by amys300zx on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:20 am

late bloomer too i see eh?

:sigh:
Back to top Go down
300z32x

300z32x

Number of posts : 523
Car Year/Make/Model : 96 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:21 pm

High school went on 4 dates... I didn't break out of my shell till after High School. I know I suck but oh well! Life goes on! It was more of my school than anything, nothing but blah!

I have never really been intimidated by women seeing as how I was raised by women. Although it does suck knowing I am not allowed to hit a woman because sometimes ladies.... yes you, you women sometimes take it too far, in a fight!
Back to top Go down
amys300zx

amys300zx

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 5:22 pm

^ ^ ^ I wouldnt know cause im not a fighter lol seriously im a Arrow peace keeper. it comes w/ the shy trait lol
Back to top Go down
Tere

Tere

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:24 pm

LOL... Yep, that's pretty true unless you run into the rare guy who has the self-confidence to stand toe-to-toe.

I have to kinda watch it at work, because I sometimes tend to overwhelm. I've worked in male-dominated careers (flying jet planes and network systems engineering), so I had to learn how to play the game on the "guys'" turf. That made me pretty aggressive out of survival necessity. In those sorts of technical careers women tend to be presumed incompetent, so you end up having to "prove" yourself on a daily basis until you finally gain a little respect. Basically, you have to be better than the guys in order to be accepted into their private club. It's a bear always having to be at the top of your game!

Even today I showed one of the IT guys a little trick -- at least he admitted he was dazzled -- "wow, that's going to save me a bunch of time!" Stick around baby boy, granny's got more tricks up her sleeves!

You end up playing a lot of "psych you out" mind games too. Fun but sometimes exhausting. On the managerial side, it gets old sometimes having the juggle the guys around. Try playing with a bunch of alpha male egos and getting them to do what you want. That's a trip. Oh, heck, just hit 'em in the head with a sledge hammer until they submit. Smile

You know they love ya when they start playing little pranks -- last week one of the guys put on some hand lotion and left me two big hand prints in the middle of the back window of the '03. He knew I would give him a gone bonkers reaction, so I played it up for his benefit. Told him he would look good for a change if he were packaged as "ground beef." Do you value life and limbs? If so you're about to lose both! Next time you try that I'll put her in reverse and you'll be my speed bump, thump, thump, dude! Etc., etc.
Back to top Go down
http://zchickz.com
07NISMO371
Mod
07NISMO371

Number of posts : 49
Car Year/Make/Model : Z, the final word in performance!
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 2:01 pm

Im at the point were I just dont care anymore. I used to be shy as well, but after high school, I reflected on my years and wondered why I didnt do more...Thats when I just changed, and I have no regrets, I have a good time, and try to stay as care free as possible. Tere pretty scary tho.';.';.';.';.';.lol...but i guess any chick that owns a Z and wants the new GTR, is a women after my own heart!
Back to top Go down
http://www.njzclub.com
300z32x

300z32x

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 pm

amys300zx wrote:
^ ^ ^ I wouldnt know cause im not a fighter lol seriously im a Arrow peace keeper. it comes w/ the shy trait lol

I am much more of a lover than a fighter also. But when you women get angry it's scary and I just want to ball up and cry....lol! Okay, maybe not to that, but it really just makes me want to walk away. I think fighting and getting mad is so stupid and pointless, when you can resolve things a wee bit more mature. I understand you can't always keep your cool.
Back to top Go down
OBZEZZD

OBZEZZD

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 1:01 am

Hi guys...glad I found my way to ZChickz chat! Reminds me of our web site ZChickz.com LOL

Funny, I never thought of myself as being intimidating, but every now and then a guy will start talking to me who I've know for some time, and he'll say that he was afraid to approach me or start a conversation with me. Being married, it's a moot point anyway, but I think it's funny that a guy would find me intimidating or not approachable. Go figure!
Back to top Go down
300z32x

300z32x

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 5:19 am

Cathy, the ring says it all, either he wont approach due to the fact that you are married, and probably wont even get the chance to even introduce himself. Even if he isn't just chasing a piece of tail, and genuinely wants to just talk.
Back to top Go down
theZlady

theZlady

Number of posts : 19
Car Year/Make/Model : demented

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 5:39 am

Majority of the guys I know I had to talk to first. They were too intimidated to start up a conversation with me. Its not just men that are intimidated by me but women also. The new guys at the shop are weary of me. I broke the ice with a few of them with my dirty humor. I think they are more nervous because they know I am alpha around there, and they have never seen girls like me work on cars. And it really trips them out when my girl brooke comes up to the shop (double trouble). But it makes me feel good when they come and ask me questions on auto body repair.

Lets see what happens when i start teaching? muhahahahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/RestoreMe
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 5:42 am

Lol I hear ya Lindsey!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do men get intimidated by women?   Why do men get intimidated by women? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do men get intimidated by women?
Page 1 of 1