Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ZEMulator experience

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV
Registration date : 2008-07-02

ZEMulator experience Empty
PostSubject: ZEMulator experience   ZEMulator experience EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:49 am

does anyone have it? or really.. any other engine management unit? i am trying to be sold on a HALTECH unit, but i know Ash has had the Z32 specific zem prog up and running for years now.

what have you experienced?
Back to top Go down
Tony@GZ
Mod
Tony@GZ

Number of posts : 186
Car Year/Make/Model : 1995 Nissan 300ZX TT
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: ZEMulator experience   ZEMulator experience EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Well I personally don’t have one however I have did some research in to it. First off I cant use it dew to the fact that I have a 95TT with a 16 bit ECU 90-94 utilized an 8 bit ECU. I have contacted Ash on this matter and he has informed me its not in blood yet however there might be the possibility of a 16bit ZEM someday. From what I have seen people who have it are very happy with its performance. It piggybacks into your ECU and allows you to tweak pretty much every aspect of the Z’s performance. Its also good if you plain on doing additional upgrades or downgrades if need bee. It allows you to control timing advance, Injector size and flow, air to fuel ratio, VTC actuators and anything else you can control with the ECU. It is also the most inexpensive E-management I have seen for the Z too. I was talking to one guy how had an older unit that started having problems with the CPU and ash replaced the unit no questions asked. I think you should e-mail ASH and ask and real specific questions and if you are still unsure do some searching or Post over on TT.net. I know you can not stand the format over there however there are several members over there using that system and can more than likely assist you better then I can seeing how I have not hade the chance to play with one yet yet. I may either down grade to an 8 bit ECU or throw ASH a few $$ to prototype a 16bit ZEM for me to test for him in my Z. All this just so I can run ZEM and have ASH personally tune my setup and show me how to tune with it once my Z is finished.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gz-performance.com
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV

PostSubject: Re: ZEMulator experience   ZEMulator experience EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:44 am

yeah i did some reading on his site about it. for the price, it seems like the way to go. i wonder if you stepped down from 16 to 8bit if you would lose any functionality on your car or if it, i dunno.. would be 'slower' to process its electronic funcitons.

seems like comparing NES to Genesis :p

After this rebuild, if i do anything else,.. i think it will definitley be a Ash tune wth Zem.

nitro?? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tony@GZ
Mod
Tony@GZ

Number of posts : 186
Car Year/Make/Model : 1995 Nissan 300ZX TT
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: ZEMulator experience   ZEMulator experience EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:16 pm

Well from my conversations with ASH he told me there will be no loss of function ability between the 8 bit and 16 bit ECU in a 95 TT. My plan will more than likely consist of a ASH ECU with the dual programming option “One program for pump gas and one for race gas” The determining factor will be based on how much total funding I have when I get home and if there is no chance of having a 95 ZEM available by the estimated completion date. The only other setup I really looked in to was the AEM EMS. It will do pretty much everything the ZEM will but I think it also has a launch controller function built in to it. I don’t see that and the fact that it’s a smaller unit being anything worth an additional $700 on top of them ZEM
Back to top Go down
http://www.gz-performance.com
ghostinator

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: ZEMulator experience   ZEMulator experience EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:58 am

2nd, the no loss of function between the two Ecus..

when i drove down and met Ash, and saw his car pc/zemulator setup, it was great. He could tune his Z from his drivers seat.
Once i find a decent lcd monitor for my car pc project, i'll definately be getting a zemulator for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Roman187bh

Roman187bh

Number of posts : 38
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990-96 NISSAN 300ZX
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: ZEMulator experience   ZEMulator experience EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 4:55 am

I run A Zim in my TT Its Butifull !! I woudn't run anything ells ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZEMulator experience   ZEMulator experience Empty

Back to top Go down

ZEMulator experience
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zenthusiast.net :: Z car Modifications & Technical Topics :: Fourth Gen 300ZX (Z32)-
Jump to: