Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Performance or Show

Go down 
+9
amys300zx
Zkitten
inqui-z-tor
Barry (NJ)
300z32x
nismo300zr2
Blacktwin
SpdCrazy
Z_trbl_mkr
13 posters

What are you into?
Performance
Performance or Show Vote_lcap19%Performance or Show Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Show
Performance or Show Vote_lcap25%Performance or Show Vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
Both
Performance or Show Vote_lcap50%Performance or Show Vote_rcap
 50% [ 8 ]
Neither
Performance or Show Vote_lcap6%Performance or Show Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Performance or Show Empty
PostSubject: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 2:13 pm

That's it....I was wondering how many are interested in the performance end of things and how many are in the show end of things...and hell...who even likes both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
SpdCrazy

SpdCrazy

Number of posts : 203
Car Year/Make/Model : yes
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 4:09 pm

well with me being the first to post, let me say that i love them both very much! but if i had to make a decision the performance comes before show any day. function ppl function.

now if i can get the function and have it look good too, i'm all over it
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

Number of posts : 403

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 4:30 pm

always have been more of a go than show kinda guy.
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 10:31 pm

when i first got the Z i was coming of turbo 4 bangers with minor mods so it was plenty for me.
i concentrated on show first with performance side benefits.

years later, i decide to build a 'triple crown' worthy vehicle- AKA all around

Performance-show and sound.

my basic goal is to go to one of the bigger events that show on Saturday and race that same vehicle on Sunday, taking home trophies both days.

I need to work on my sound quality right now, not concerned too much with dB, and i'll be set.

the biggest things left for me in the other two categories... A full race cage and nitrous.
more performance and more points for the show circuit.
Back to top Go down
300z32x

300z32x

Number of posts : 523
Car Year/Make/Model : 96 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:23 am

My Z is a perfecty example of how I feel about the show and go topic. What can I say I want to go fast. Sure my car looks like ass, but it is one pretty quick NA. Now that the NA performance aspect has been basically pushed to the max. I am focusing on the show portion of it.

Nate, the triple crown down here is known for Drift on D1 level, Drag a 10.00 or better, and be close to record setting on the Time Attack part, all while staying street legal.
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 pm

-.-

well im not winning any ATL trip crowns anytime soon then.

to me, that seems to be more of a drivers crown than the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Barry (NJ)
Mod
Barry (NJ)

Number of posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 11:28 pm

I'm not into the extremes of any of the above categories.

I'm not into all the flash of a "Show Car".
Nor do I want to drive a "Race Car" around all the time.
I like my leather, AC, pwr windows, etc.

I think if you look at my Z, you can see I like a clean, fast, driver.
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 3:19 am

don't get me wrong. i'd never strip my car down. i enjoy the leather and such as much as the next guy.
Back to top Go down
inqui-z-tor

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 5:34 am

I tend to favor the "show" aspect of the spectrum. I've learned over the years, that no matter how fast you are .. there is always someone faster. I've also realized, early on, that without the proper training - I can't drive my Z, in it's OEM configuration (let alone any performance upgrades) to it's fullest limitations.

I also maintain. It doesn't matter your lap times; or 1/4 mile runs or how much HP you put down! ... at a car show!

Now I've done the basic "performance" tweeks .. brakes, tires, exhaust, K&N, bushings, strut bars ... and if I could get my hands on a good priced hks intercooler I do it ..
Back to top Go down
http://www.thezenthusiast.com
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 9:27 am

Blacktwin wrote:
don't get me wrong. i'd never strip my car down. i enjoy the leather and such as much as the next guy.

i guess i am against the grain. ill never buy a vehicle with leather seats. doesnt do anything at all positive for me that a cloth or synthetic seat can do.

negatives of leather to me
-expensive
-slippery
-hot
-cold
-cracks
-heavier
Back to top Go down
300z32x

300z32x

Number of posts : 523
Car Year/Make/Model : 96 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 10:20 am

I enjoy the Z way too much to build a "ATL" triple crown car out of it. But I do enjoy a day at Road Atlanta in the Z even with full interior!
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:10 pm

i think i could enjoy a road course on a skateboard.

yeah the ATL trip crown is a little too hardcore for me.. i want a more streetable performance car thats not gutted out and has a simple clean ICE package. aka useable trunk! i'll probably drop an 8" or a 10" sub flush in the spare well.
Back to top Go down
Zkitten
Mod
Zkitten

Number of posts : 263

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Performance all the way. The show thing would be cool, but whatever makes my kitten's engine purr makes me very happy. Wink
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 2:45 pm

nismo300zr2 wrote:
Blacktwin wrote:

i guess i am against the grain. ill never buy a vehicle with leather seats. doesnt do anything at all positive for me that a cloth or synthetic seat can do.

negatives of leather to me
-expensive
-slippery
-hot
-cold
-cracks
-heavier
when it's been redone and it's all fresh and new it makes the car look and feel 10yrs younger.heavier really shouldn't come into play, the seats weigh a ton no matter what, that's why i switched to a manual driver's seat instead of the electrical.. plus ill never have to worry about the switches or motors going out in it.
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:29 am

wholly crap the elec seat sure does weigh a ton.

but per sq foot cloth is going to be lighter than leather. by over 50% thats all i was gettnig at. for the performance oriented ever lb counts in our tubby Z32.
Back to top Go down
amys300zx

amys300zx

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:49 am

ive always seemed to like show more than performance but from watchin my BF work on Z's all day & make them faster it makes me wanna do performance stuff to mine!!!

like the time i got headers & an intake instead of pretty JDM tail lights cheers

although i really wanted those tail lights Sad oh well! ill get 'em one day
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3103427
cherryz

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 6:48 am

I would like to do performance but it's really not in the cards so I'm makin' sure it's a good show.
(Not the Christina kind of show car but just run-of-the-mill Z show.)

Headers would be nice but will have to wait for a reason to pull the engine to do that.
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 7:15 am

cherryz wrote:
I would like to do performance but it's really not in the cards so I'm makin' sure it's a good show.
(Not the Christina kind of show car but just run-of-the-mill Z show.)

Headers would be nice but will have to wait for a reason to pull the engine to do that.

lol...well thanks...lol

I know what you mean though. The celica and my brothers datsun are wayyyyy out there. The celica will only be more so after I'm done this winter. But as for the Z I really like the lines the car already has...so I think Z32's are made to be restored
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
Tony@GZ
Mod
Tony@GZ

Number of posts : 186
Car Year/Make/Model : 1995 Nissan 300ZX TT
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 9:25 pm

Well me personally I am trying to find myself a happy medium with show and go. I was rather happy with overall throw my head back performance before I put the Z down for the build because of detonation on #6. Now this is where I hade some mixed emotions und the hood everything to the novice eye my engine bay looked stock. Some people where able to notice the boost controller and the under-drive pulley but that was about it so it hade a really good sleeper effect and still able to run traction permitting 12’s. I was sure to clean under the hood just about every other week “I really can’t stand a dirty Z engine bay”. Now for what I did not like so much everything was just too black. My Z is black, all the hoses and tubes are black, a majority of the fasteners are black, and the timing cover is black the only things that really brakes it all up is the plenum. I just really want to brake up the neutrality of everything with some powder coating, a few chrome accents, SS nuts and bolts and some colored silicone hose. All in all I say it should be under $500 for everything depending on how much chrome I decide on. I am also pondering adding some kaminari side skirts to the exterior look of everything to complement the Stillen fascia. Overall I am looking to build a Z that can put down 600+ WHP that is still streetable, very appealing to the general show crowd and able to hold its own at any competition I enter in to weather it be auto X, ¼ strip and anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gz-performance.com
Tere

Tere

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 9:24 am

All go also makes for good show! As long as you keep her spotless all the time!

So I'm all about go, and the show is just a nice by-product. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zchickz.com
OBZEZZD

OBZEZZD

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:21 am

My car is "show" but it certainly has a lot of "go" too!! I've added lots of performance mods that allow me to enjoy a spirited drive now and then Smile
Back to top Go down
Tere

Tere

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 am

OBZEZZD wrote:
My car is "show" but it certainly has a lot of "go" too!! I've added lots of performance mods that allow me to enjoy a spirited drive now and then Smile
LOL... Show is an understatement! For those who aren't familiar with Cath and TJ (her Z, AKA: Turbo Jet), the two of them have racked up more show trophies than you can believe. I think the show team is averaging close to 6 trophies a year -- most of those are first place and best in show trophies. Nothing short of awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://zchickz.com
OBZEZZD

OBZEZZD

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Geez...you're making me blush LOL Thanks Tere!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Show   Performance or Show Empty

Back to top Go down

Performance or Show
Page 1 of 1