Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A/C drain clogged

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cherryz

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

A/C drain clogged Empty
PostSubject: A/C drain clogged   A/C drain clogged EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 4:24 am

So... After a 3-day trip up to Yorktown and back (4 hrs each way) and heavy use of the A/C, I have water on the PS floorboard and obviously a clogged A/C drain. This morning I tried shoving a piece of plastic trimmer string up through the drain in front of the firewall on the PS side but didn't get very far with the string and no release of water.

So, I went in under the dash and found a flexible tube that comes off the bottom side of the blower motor that appears to go up to the drain tube that comes through the firewall.

A/C drain clogged AC_drain

However, this doesn't make sense since it is lower than the firewall drain, not higher, so I don't understand what this flexible tube is for. It doesn't show up in my FSM, nor does it show the drain tube coming through the firewall so I can't trace it back.

So, I guess two questions:

1) What is the flexible hose in the pic above?
2) How do I unclog my A/C drain?

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
cherryz

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

A/C drain clogged Empty
PostSubject: Re: A/C drain clogged   A/C drain clogged EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 9:21 am

So I went back out this afternoon, blew compressed air into the tube coming out of the PS firewall below the battery, and it now seems to be draining properly. I took the PS seat out and pulled up the carpet... LOTS of water under there so I'm going to leave it up and let it dry out for a few days...
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/

A/C drain clogged
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zenthusiast.net :: Z car Modifications & Technical Topics :: Fourth Gen 300ZX (Z32)-
Jump to: