Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Names Reid, another victom of Z fever

Go down 
+4
Blacktwin
Mr Z
nismo300zr2
fairladyaffair
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

Number of posts : 363
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Names Reid, another victom of Z fever Empty
PostSubject: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:05 pm

[b]Hey just saying hello and thanks to Nate and Tony for informing me about this page. Met alot of the memebers of the Triangle Z club this weekend and had the priveledge of seeing that many Z's in one place at one time, to me it was an absolute blast. Learned alot about my car as well as got some great ideas for her in the future.

A little about my Z first got to give Tony@GZ props for the work he did on it in such a short time period and being rushed to leave the country by our beloved marine corps lol. Thanks so much for the knowledge you provided and patinece with my newbyness. I have learned alot since he left but compared to most of these "gurus" im still a newb with a passion for the Z. A little history behind the car, when i found her she was black with red metal flake a yellow engine bay and a whole lot of over spray not to mention a cheaply installed audio system. Black with red metal flake is my way of trying to hide the fact she was purple. It had some minor bolt on mods, hks exhaust apexi bovs and a greddy prospec b 2 boost controller but didnt feel bad, well that is until tony touched it and taught me what it was supposed to feel like, next thing you know im obsessed and right before my last deployment the tranny blows up and he takes time out of his vacation time with his wife to help me out. It sat at his house till i had some money set aside and thats when i decided to paint her red, tony stripped the engine bay and got it completely resprayed put some downpipes on her and a new clutch and flywheel from rps and a 1995 tranny with less than 60k on it. reinstalled the engine with a new oem wiring harness and a hks fmic. not to mention just cleaning all the enigne bay components. well it was beautiful work. well when i started working on it me and my ignorance made so many mistakes i ended up replacing everthing from the clutch, injectors, turbos, fuel rails and the list goes on mounting up to the monster that sits gleaming in red now. JDM front bumper and stillen side skirts, a smooth rear bumper to match the smooth front and side skirts, jdm tail lights are also graceing the rear end with the exhaust cleaned of all the overspray from the previous paint job. Thanks to allen for all his instruction on the body work as i was proud to say most of the sanding was done myself but the paint actually being sprayed was his artwork. We shaved the stock 1990 rear spoiler and windsehield wiper thanks to justin for the welding and allen worked his body magic there grinding down the welds and smoothing the hatch to a flawless smooth finish. The interior still needs alot of work but in time it will come together piece by piece. Sorry this is so long so ill cut her off for now, but thanks for listening. and special thanks to nate for posting the photos from the triangle Z show. Reid

Names Reid, another victom of Z fever Reds

Names Reid, another victom of Z fever Tails
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/thescarredpoet
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:10 pm

dude my bad! lol. replied to PM before seeing this post. lol

DUH you know allen too Razz

nice to have you here.
Back to top Go down
Mr Z
Mod
Mr Z

Number of posts : 298
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx 2+2

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:16 pm

Welcome Reid, glad to see you met 2 of our staff already! Thats a gorgeous Z ya have, i love the jspec aspects and the smooth red paint. Just wondering whats up with the FMIC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/MrZ912
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:22 pm

nothings wrong with it!

thats the HKS FMIC

here it is out of the car
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=367039

Last edited by nismo300zr2 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Z
Mod
Mr Z

Number of posts : 298
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx 2+2

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:24 pm

ahhh thanx brotha, tis why i am here. to learn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/MrZ912
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 2:33 pm

Welcome.beautiful Z.
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 7:44 pm

thanks for the props, i have heard the stories of bad juju with front mounts on the Z32s but its an hks i got a good deal on it and again its an hks lol but i also was learning when i bought it and probably would have gone side mount if i would have done better research, but i like its aggressive angle and have had no problems with engine temp even after extreamly hard driving. So i guess i cant argue with HKS. Thanks for the back up and no offense taken.
Back to top Go down
amys300zx

amys300zx

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 2:59 am

hi Reid, welcome!! That's a sexy Z! I wish I could afford to have the same Z fever you do lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3103427
Tony@GZ
Mod
Tony@GZ

Number of posts : 186
Car Year/Make/Model : 1995 Nissan 300ZX TT
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 5:22 am

Hey Reid i am happy to have you as a member on the sight. You really don't need to louse any sleep over the HKS FMIC. Its one of the few FMIC's thats actually designed to work properly with the Z. I dont think you have too much to worry about in regards to over heating. I cleaned out your AC condenser before re installing it witch is normally the biggest contributing factor to over heating in any Z. The HKS FMIC core provides ample air flow for the rest of the cooling system. Once you upgrade your radiator and get a billion thermostat not the Nismo one you should be able to drive her hard even in the sumer with out blowing your cool. I really have to admit I put more time into your Z than any Z i have worked on to this day and it shows. I am truly happy that you are enjoying it.

Now time to share some dirt LOL

The first night I met Read we was refused to me by word of mouth like most Z's are. He was happy with his Z and had an idea of what he wanted to do with it over time. The first thing i asked was just for him to give me an overview of his Z and what not. He had a good idea of what he had but told me over the past month it started running sub par. I asked him if did any work to it in the past few months. He told me he only replace the spark plugs that was it. My response O really what plugs did you install? Reads response The best plugs on the market. So i asked he did you use NGK plugs. He told me no the most expensive Denso plugs i was able to find. Right there i told him I bet you that and a boost leak are dragging your Z down hard. So i bet him the cost of the set of plugs that i was right he told me “your on” Seeing how i keep 2 to 3 sets on hand at all time i got my tools and got to work. About 1 hour 6 spark plugs and a few feet of vacuum hose hose i invited him to take a test drive and told him to keep the boost controller off first. He returned with a smile that can only be matched by the Joker from the original bat man movie. Fallowed by absolute shock and aww after testing high boost. Well as most Marines are a few weeks before deploying he was broke as a joke and not able to cove the bet. Me being a straight up nice guy i let him keep the plugs and did not charge him for the work. Reid was so overjoyed he told me that once he got back off deployment he would be sure to bring the Z to me for a massive amount of upgrades. Well as dumb luck would have it his tranny takes a dump on him at the track the night before he is set to take off for Iraq. I bail him out and start planing his build even before he know what he was going to do with the Z. Well i guess i have shared enough details. I am going to sut up now before i get slugged at my homecoming

Last edited by Tony@GZ on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gz-performance.com
Bre (FL)

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 12:26 pm

Phew! I thought you were a victim of the SHOP "ZFever" here in Florida. I was going to kill myself! That shop is horrid.

/rant.

nice car! Love the Blitz 03's
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 12:44 pm

thanks tony for embarrassing the hell out of me lol but its cool, thats all true and like i said i have learned alot of stupid lessons through mistakes thanks to tony's genius.

Thanks for the props on the wheels, i fell in love with them when i first saw them and i had to have them, took me a while to find the size i wanted but it appeared on the market one day and i dropped the money so fast im still trying to figure out where i got it lol. THanks to tony for showing the style to me, yet again, but no tony did not do everything for me as it may appear, he deffinatly was the blacksmith behind the blade though.
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 6:31 pm

ja, i used to have a front mount also and ran the car VERY hard @ VIR for a track day.
well... i ran it too hard i guess Razz and put it into the tire barrier and obliterated that old apollo FMIC. but i never had overheat issues if that makes you feel better.
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:43 pm

welcome Reid and thanks for your service.

We have a lot of great folks in the military on here...
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 1:39 pm

thanks that always means alot
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 6:56 am

Well its been great sharing all the lovely Z experiences over the past little while with all of you, but i will not be around as much as i used to be. I have moved home to Alabama and will still drop in from time to time but wont be as in touch as i would like. Feel free to e-mail me anytime at fairladyaffair@yahoo.com happy Zing Smile
Back to top Go down
cherryz

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:18 am

Ah, so no internet in Alabama... I understand...
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 8:01 am

cherryz wrote:
Ah, so no internet in Alabama... I understand...
LOL. I was trying to figure that one out myself.
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:38 am

got me there i guess Wink
Back to top Go down
cherryz

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 11:11 am

So you really have no excuse now.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Names Reid, another victom of Z fever   Names Reid, another victom of Z fever Empty

Back to top Go down

Names Reid, another victom of Z fever
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zenthusiast.net :: Introductions :: Introduce yourself here-
Jump to: