Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

joining the local VFD and ready for 2009!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BOOZT_JUNKIE

BOOZT_JUNKIE

Number of posts : 37
Car Year/Make/Model : 1994 Z32 TT
Registration date : 2008-10-20

joining the local VFD and ready for 2009! Empty
PostSubject: joining the local VFD and ready for 2009!   joining the local VFD and ready for 2009! EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 1:49 am

hey guys i usually don't post personal stuff, but i'm very excited about this. i've decided to join the local volunteer fire department. i have been looking for an "out" from sitting at my desk all day and being board to death at my job and feeling like i'm going nowhere fast. i've already attended one meeting at the station and picked up an application and meet alot of nice people. it will take a month to be voted in, but i can start training and helping out now. they said that would show that i wanted to be there. i plan on being involved as much as possible to get my mind off of things. i really want to help people and be apart of something with a cause that is pure. from what i gather, there is always plenty of work to be done and all types of calls can be expected. in the back of my mind, i've always wanted to be a fireman, so this is a great way to see if thats what i really want. so we'll see how it goes.

i decided to do this to get my mind off of the last half of 2008....i've had an up-hill battle with my Z this whole year, lost my grandmother and girlfriend of 8yrs all at one time, so 2009 is a great welcome!! i've also been "dealing" with a new girl that has been a whole different issue, but it seems to be working out as far as i can tell. i'm the type of person that can't focus on certain things (car, work, blah) without other things being right, (the girl) so its a struggle sometimes. i've chewed on nates ear a little bit about all of this, so big thanks to nate for just listening. i've decided the best thing to do what to figure out what makes me happy, and go from there...

i'm very excited to see what the new year brings. hopefully the girl and car situations will work themselves out in a great way. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

sorry to vent but i feel better about getting this out, so what are you guys looking forward to? Cool
Back to top Go down
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: joining the local VFD and ready for 2009!   joining the local VFD and ready for 2009! EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 2:42 am

Hope things work out for you.

I was part of three departments in the local area for 5 years, even went to college for EMT/Paramedic. I was a certified Firefighter/EMT/First Responder. Loved helping people but it took it's toll on me after a while. I still have very vivid nightmares and wake up in cold sweats and shaking every now and then. I'm not trying to scare you away from it becuase it is a great thing and I am glad you are interested in it. I really enjoyed it. But just keep in mind that things have a way of sticking with you down the road when you are doing that type of job.

Be safe and learn all you can.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: joining the local VFD and ready for 2009!   joining the local VFD and ready for 2009! EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 9:30 am

that is awesome Brandon. that should be good times good experience and like you said.. a good 'out' that will give you a feel good feeling.

back in my single years.. i did alot of voluteer work for habitat4humanity and toys4tots. Its alot harder now.. if i was still single, who knows! i may have tried to sign up with you!
Back to top Go down
Mr Z
Mod
Mr Z

Number of posts : 298
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx 2+2
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: joining the local VFD and ready for 2009!   joining the local VFD and ready for 2009! EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 4:05 pm

very nice man!!! firefighters get all the hot chicks, and help people in need of course Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/MrZ912
BOOZT_JUNKIE

BOOZT_JUNKIE

Number of posts : 37
Car Year/Make/Model : 1994 Z32 TT
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: joining the local VFD and ready for 2009!   joining the local VFD and ready for 2009! EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 3:57 am

thanks guys....i'm very excited about it.

christina, thats awesome that you devoted so much of yourself to that. i have thought about possible situations where it may be hard to forget some things, but i'm ready to give as much as i can. my only regret so far is not doing this alot sooner... i hope to get alot of certifications as well, and i'm more than ready to learn. Smile

@ nate, i know right. you and your baby mama's hahaha you do your part in the marines man. thats enough....its the people like you who inspire people like me.

@ mr Z, honestly i didn't think about the "hot chicks" until you mentioned it lol....i guess that would be a perk i'll just have to learn to live with hahaha.

but yea, i signed up for more important reasons than to tell chix "i'ma fire fighter."
(but i know what you mean!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: joining the local VFD and ready for 2009!   joining the local VFD and ready for 2009! Empty

Back to top Go down

joining the local VFD and ready for 2009!
Page 1 of 1