Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...

Go down 
+2
Blacktwin
Z_trbl_mkr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... Empty
PostSubject: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:15 pm

Left for work this morning car was fine, shifted fine, Idle's fine.

Get halfway to work and I notice that when I shift down it goes straight to 3000 RPM. Shift up goes straight to 3000RPM. Shift down...straight to 3000RPM?

I have all gears and the only gear I can get into lower RPM is 5th. 1st thru 4th 3000RPM and up. Even in park the Idle is sitting pretty at 3000RPM?

I'm clueless as to what it could be right now. But I'd like to figure it out before I get off work so I can take it directly to the shop and fix it.

So folks...If you have any idea's I'm up to hearing them

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

Number of posts : 403

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:25 pm

TPS maybe
Back to top Go down
BOOZT_JUNKIE

BOOZT_JUNKIE

Number of posts : 37
Car Year/Make/Model : 1994 Z32 TT
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:32 pm

Blacktwin wrote:
TPS maybe

yup, thats the first thing i'd check. see if its dirty or if you've got an extra one, swap it and see if it helps. check your throttle cables as well to make sure everything is tight and nothing has worked loose.
Back to top Go down
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:09 am

I checked the throttle cables cause that was my first thought. I'll go out on lunch and check out the TPS
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:29 am

bring a wire brush.

but... i am confused on your dillema. you can drive normally and its just the NEEDLE stuck at 3000 or what?
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:54 am

believe she's saying the idle is constant at 3Krpms
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

Number of posts : 363
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:19 pm

its prolly not the tps sensor itself just some corrosion that has ended up on the connector. If you pull it off and clean it and nothing happens its always worth a shot. I would take a look at your timing too just cause it can change your idle. other than that can you remember what you did before you noticed this problem, what was the weather like, did you get on it or over rev it messin around, all these things could help point out where to look. I dont mean to point out the obvious just trying to get everyone thinking, i hope that helps Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/thescarredpoet
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 3:51 am

I fixered it...lol

It was one of the intake hoses. It split. So I had a vacuum leak. All better now though. Might be getting a TT within the week Smile
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 10:21 am

Z_trbl_mkr wrote:
I fixered it...lol

It was one of the intake hoses. It split. So I had a vacuum leak. All better now though. Might be getting a TT within the week Smile

As in a TT engine or a whole new car??? Is it Chris's TT longblock?
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

Number of posts : 363
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 10:48 am

thats good glad you figured it out. and im curious as well about the TT engine or TT car.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/thescarredpoet
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 1:16 am

TT car
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:11 am

Z_trbl_mkr wrote:
TT car
congrats on fixing the prob,and good luck with the TT purchase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...   Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue... Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help fella's cause I dont have a clue...
Page 1 of 1