Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What did you do to your car today?!

Go down 
+8
BOOZT_JUNKIE
Barry (NJ)
Blacktwin
Z_trbl_mkr
fairladyaffair
JDMZ32
cherryz
nismo300zr2
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

Number of posts : 363
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-11-06

What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:17 am

ordered all the parts today Smile thanks to Tony for the incredible deals. Hopefully the weather will warm up this week and i can finish up the prep work for my plenum and valve covers so i can get them powder coated, and hopefully tomorrow ill pull off my old rear brake hard line in the engine bay and get another one made so i actually have rear breaks Smile
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/thescarredpoet
Mr Z
Mod
Mr Z

Number of posts : 298
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx 2+2
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 2:05 pm

Walked out side, stared, shed a tear and got in the altima
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/MrZ912
cherryz

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:19 am

Mr Z wrote:
Walked out side, stared, shed a tear and got in the altima

How sad!

My Z has been frozen under my car cover all week... Not a big deal as I worked from home Mon/Tue, flew up to Philly for the day yesterday and drove the Land Cruiser to work today because it's also fun to drive.

Temps are to get into the 70's next couple of days so I'll be able to peel the cover off and give 'er a rubdown.
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 1:43 pm

well today, i finisehd the complete HICAS delete. I was hateing life when i had to remove the hard lines that run above the sub frame. Removed the front bumper and front mount and moved the B&M oil cooler back to where the AC condensor and fan used to be to make more room for the doolz (Tonys idea). Cleaned the dog piss out of the empty engine bay so when all the nice shiney new parts go back in it is basicly brand new. and recieved a whole bunch of goodies in the mail. Z1 58 mm throttle bodies should be here tomorrow and next week all my engine internals and gaskets, na radiator and brackets, NA power steering pump, billion thermostat, 3rd brake light, nismo pilot bearing, bla bla bla should be here.

here is a pic for your viewing pleasure
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_7f0a5ee98a304edfa878b97b4cfe49c4
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:12 pm

you don't need those mike smith mani's..I'll take those off your hands Smile i figured out and got rid of a power steering leak that's plagued me for yrs.and found out that i have zero traction now.
Back to top Go down
JDMZ32

JDMZ32

Number of posts : 71
Car Year/Make/Model : 1991/Nissan/300ZX - Slicktop/NA/5spd
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:29 am

they're actually AMS mani's. reid, i opened this thread thinking "hmmm, i bet reid posting a shit load about yesterday!" and i was right lol. i bet you're working on her right now too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blnk182soninmyc5
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 9:53 am

Zero traction, i had that problem before and attempted to woop it by replacing my dif bushing with ES ones and some specialty Z subframe spacers plus an alluminum drive shaft and amazingly it illiminated all of my wheel hop and now all i have is smooth wheel spin Smile but on the flip side of all that i noticed even more all the problems my engine was giving man and after doing a compression test learned that it was time for a rebuild and soon i will have even worse traction issues

and TODAY yes steven i did work on it a little today. My Z1 58mm thottle bodies showed up so i took the plenum, heat shields, lower plenum, hard pipes, doolz intake, and valve covers to get powedercoated. FYI valve covers, red, plenum, doolz, and hard pipes, chrome, heat shields, black. Met a couple Z owners at our local hobby show and referred them here and now just patiently awaiting the internals and other cooling stuff i ordered through Tony. Will post pics of all those toys when they come in and prolly before and after pics as the project progresses Smile and no blacktwin you are not stealing my MS mani copies Smile me and Tony compared the AMS to the MS and there almost exactly the same. will do write up with him later.
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 11:04 am

oh my. those manifolds are OM NOM NOM!!!!!!

Reid, i think you definitely win most work on the Z for the week. Good to hear progress!

as for me? Today.. i picked up that &*$^!# leaking air regulator looked at it up close, Mad and put it back on the bench before packing for my trip to VA
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:45 pm

ahh i'll pass on the mani's then..just a personal choice.
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 12:36 pm

completely understand blacktwin, and Nate thanks for the props. As for TODAYS progress i did some more detailing on the engine bay, cleaned up the small aluminum shields covering the fuel lines and made them look silver and new again, yea me Smile Also managed to organize my tools into a small tool box to make things a little easier to find. Took the brake master cylender down to Tony's place and he threw it in his little parts cleaner and we fixed the obstruction that was causing my rear brakes not to work. Got a chance to see my heat shields powdercoated when i dropped off my throttle body linkage parts i wanted powdercoated as well as my lower plenum. Also got my Grex head gaskets from Tony as well as my CZP solid polished bracket and magnetic drain plug. I am taking the bracket to get Fairlady Affair ingraved into it and in small letters underneath it Zenthusiast.net

Pic of the Grex metal head gaskets and czp bracket before alteration Smile
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_f54cf933783d4d6abaddaa67d894c1bb

Pictures suck of the heat shield but you can get a good idea how good they look now compared to, i am sure, any of our fellow Z owners heat shileds after 10 years or more of road use.
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_ffdbdf1dba174cc1a632dc8fd0019e5b
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:26 am

New updates Smile so today i took everything out of the car, organized it and began cleaning everything with extreme detail, i mean like i scrubbed the rust off the cam gears and cleaned the road grime/belt dust that has accumulated on the cam covers and shields. I also cleaned the alternater till it looked like i just pulled it out of the box as well as the bracket and hardware that holds it to the block. Cleaned alot of sensors up and brought them inside for safe keeping as well as cleaned up my 300degree fuel rail and brought the whole fuel injector assembly into the house so i dont risk damaging them. A couple of days ago me and Tony did a pressure check on them to make sure there were no leaks and it turned out i assembled it correctly after all and a fuel leak was not the cause of me running rich. Heres a pic of the big mess before i organized it and also a pic of the engine bay stripped bare of most things.

Dont ask why its in black and white
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_aa93696aea654b2abfeae48292779755

bad pick of engine bay stripped
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_033a36c4e2f9477ab796e0702f698c09
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:58 pm

good god it looks like your car threw up in the yard..lol
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:14 am

woohoo!!! progress!!! Very Happy
put the air regulator back in. Very Happy
Deleted my Cruise control actuator/cable. Very Happy
(my sparco wheel has no cruise buttons)

found out my batt is dead. Evil or Very Mad
put trickle charger on batt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 am

another day more cool progress Smile

sanded and painted a few misc brackets, pullets and covers. Managed to degrease and clean almost all of the engine brackets plus the remaining intake side attachement for one of my turbos. Picked up the tools i always borrow from Tony so i dont have to torture him with my pathetic begging, well except with the cherry picker hehe. anyways heres the pics Smile enjoy

Before
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_fd0a24ea4ea9476fa30df803dc539c09

After
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_197eec451cae427ba2f877c0eefe4b4a

Cruise control bracket
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_e8f4922f08f2486d99eaf67db28eae23

Upper fuel rail w/ new clamps and freshly painted
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_0fcc6ff4f83f4c558b1e52b111cfb2cb

Refinished tensioner pulley
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_9827f65542bc45e99ebfd95034b87f96

tomorrow i hope to paint the fuel filter bracket and all the painting will be finished. ill just continue to clean the remaining parts i have not touched. The goal is to have everything degreased to the best possible condition. wish me luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:31 am

criuse control bracket?!?! dont need no stinkin cruise control!!! Razz

i drove er around the block today. feels good. going to drive it to work tomm.
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:00 pm

today managed to clean and paint one more bracket and refinish the intake piping to the turbos. Also cleaned the spark plug covers and the removed my old main seal from its seat and cleaned it in preperation for the new one. Picked up most of the powder coated parts and included picks of the ones i was satisfied with. The plenum needs to be re done, not nearly smooth as i expected it to be, although i am happy with the lower plenum as it wont be seen for the most part. I honestly just wish Tony would sell me the chrome one he has or nate would quit being lazy and trade me so i can have his chrome one Very Happy

Powdercoated parts
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_871f197698b542308c83450cba9c2b88

Refinished piping
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_fd7e76465998498882c4d1658b35f585

repainted IACV pipe and fule filter bracket
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_8a51a058818c433680f23fcca9bd7857

Sorry about the darkness of some of the pics, im using a camera phone. Hopefully soon i will have more of the other parts that i was not particularly proud of. Im going to play with some more ideas for the plenum, doolz, and hard pipes and see what i come up with, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 pm

white with a rainbow fleck.

like someone spilled a mr softee vanilla ice cream with sprinkles on your stuff lol!
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:00 am

lol lets add a rainbow sticker support sticker to my hatch too lol
Back to top Go down
300z32x

300z32x

Number of posts : 523
Car Year/Make/Model : 96 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:56 am

Haha, I painted a spare set of OEM NA wheels today... It was another slow day at work and very bored, plus I wanted to be part of this thread badly!

Pics will be added later!
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 11:39 am

SWWWEET the remainder of my parts showed up today. Still waiting on a few things, NA power steering pump, resavoir(spl), and bracket plus the a new third brake light w/ seals. Heres a few pics of the new parts. "Koyo" radiator, wiseco pistons, magnesium valve guides, ACL race berrings, Nismo needle berring, engine gasket kit minus head gaskets, knock sensor and wire harness, dip stick and dip stick tube, OEM oil pump, Sylicone couplers for 58mm throttle bodies and hard pipes, and Billon thermostat.

all the parts together
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_3df54d357229439e919d2fae33eb548e

Wiseco pistons
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_dc263b1f9410436f8918326586837e79

"Koyo Radiator"
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_c44a8fcf3b6e4eed975528bf413830a4

Billion Thermostat
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_f3f3cb1006ea4259b262c2dce562cdea

Racing bearings and magnesium valve guides
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_299e8169e4b04c61ab3667c95b2597ab

please dont judge me, i cant spell for anything
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:07 am

deploy much do you?

loooooolollll
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:15 am

Hey in my defense i used to be able to spell but after two combat deployments and 2 seperate TBI incidents i blame the usmc lol.

Anyhow, today i got some good stuff done. I got all the parts with liquid gaskets and removed all the remaining liquid gasket and refinshed the flanges. Broke down my hydralic lifters and they are soaking as i type this. finished the paintwork i decided to do with high heat engine enamel in gloss black on the coilpack brakets and some small parts that make up the throttle body assembly. I have one pic of the coilpacks finished and reassembled but its so dark it doesnt do them justice. Hopefully ill finish up the oil pan tomorrow and can sand down and re spray the bottom exterior of it and will be able to degrease and grime the remaining coolant lines i have left from the plenum and throttle body coolant line delete. Did alot of research for better understanding of the reassembly and the best order to do it all in when i found the coolant line bypass, i wish i would have no about that a long time ago. ne ways heres the pic

they look like new in person but the lighting sucks in this pick so you cant see the detail sorry
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 L_d17a34dea0ec4afca7db0314b8f7fd32
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 10:15 am

today i got back to rebuilding my lifters which is prooving to be a pain as i am having alot of difficulty getting inside of the housing. Any suggestions would be great. Im thinking a dental pic will work nicely. Wasnt able to work as much as i would like, girlfriend is sick Sad but the machine guy said next weekend he should be finished with my block and heads soooo my spirits are still high
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:00 am

Only thing i got done today on my Z was get the EGR flanges on my new chrome plenum done. i spent most of the weekend helping a buddy of mine with his Z. He has a yellow 350Z. nice kid, to scared to work on his own stuff and has also suffered masive scams because he fails to do his own reseearch. For some reason it was throwing a crank alignment or something code. Anyway after pulling the tranny and re alighning the flywheel i descoved tbere was nothing krong, or atleast it seemed. Cleaned the MAF instilled a simple ram air intake cause he and his frineds couldnt figure out it was backwards and wala it was cured and he payed me back with dinner. Pretty sweet deal considering i got along of experience out of it and realised im getting kinda good at this lol.
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:29 am

Very nice work on the 350!

This past week I drove the Z down to Charleston and back, smooth as ever (5 hr drive each way). Got back on Thursday night, drove to work on Friday, everything fine. Saturday morning went to pick up my daughter at her friend's house and immediately upon starting up I knew something was wrong. Had the shakes bad, low on power, figured my I'd lost an injector.

Possibly relevant - Weather was fine down in Charleston, Friday going to work was a little wet, but Saturday was much wetter and colder so I thought maybe the humidity had gotten to some of my connectors. Did a very preliminary check of the connectors (push/pull) when I got back Saturday morning, backed the car into the garage to sit for a while with the hood up before I could check it out.

Fortunately (or unfortunately?) the problem disappeared as when I fired it up later Saturday after sitting in the garage with the hood up, it ran smooth as ever. So I either have a connection that doesn't like high humidity or a failing injector....
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your car today?!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next