Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leaking AshSpec MASSIVE intercooler. A few questions.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rojoloco

rojoloco

Number of posts : 81
Car Year/Make/Model : 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo 5-spd
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Leaking AshSpec MASSIVE intercooler. A few questions. Empty
PostSubject: Leaking AshSpec MASSIVE intercooler. A few questions.   Leaking AshSpec MASSIVE intercooler. A few questions. EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm bummed. I had tested my MASSIVE's that got into an accident (on my old Z) and didn't hear any leaks so I was stoked. I am supposed to be installing them tomorrow. I cupped my hand over one end and my mouth on the other end and blew but now I hear a leak in one of them. It is a small leak but it still exists. I don't see a hole on either face and am afraid it is coming from the middle area.

1) Is there any way to fix this?
2) I'm assuming even a small leak would cause my idle and boost to be severely compromised correct?
3) Would it adversely affect anything if I only installed one of them for now? Would it be uneven pressure or would even just one MASSIVE with one stocker help with cooling?

I'd really like to move forward with this tomorrow because I was hoping to get to the track and run 17 psi on race fuel but I wanted the SMIC's installed first to play it safe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairladyz32.com
Tony@GZ
Mod
Tony@GZ

Number of posts : 186
Car Year/Make/Model : 1995 Nissan 300ZX TT
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Leaking AshSpec MASSIVE intercooler. A few questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking AshSpec MASSIVE intercooler. A few questions.   Leaking AshSpec MASSIVE intercooler. A few questions. EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:22 pm

I would recommend taking the one that leaks to a radiator repair shop. Seeing how it’s a similar concept they may be able to fix it. If they won’t help you spray the one that is leaking down with soap and water then have someone else blow through it and see if you can pinpoint the leak yourself. Look for bubbles if you see any you might be able to just patch yourself with some JB weld
Back to top Go down
http://www.gz-performance.com

Leaking AshSpec MASSIVE intercooler. A few questions.
Page 1 of 1