Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help pls idk what is wrong with my z

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mypearlZ

Number of posts : 6
Car Year/Make/Model : 90/nissan/z32 2+2
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Help pls idk what is wrong with my z Empty
PostSubject: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptySun May 24, 2009 8:33 am

ok i had my friend change the water pump. and then the car doesnt want start all it does is crank. so we get is to start after bunch of kick starts. works for a few days and does the same thing again. and all it does is crank. i tried puting some fuel injector cleaner in and it didnt work. ANY IDEAS GUYS
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptySun May 24, 2009 12:42 pm

What is a "kick start"? Pushing it while in gear?
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptySun May 24, 2009 12:48 pm

had similar happen to my toyota.. oddly enough it seemed i had broke a timing tooth off.
Back to top Go down
mypearlZ

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:13 am

ya push starting. got it going idk if it worth even fixing i hate to kill it. i been told it could be the cas, frozen sparkplugs, or worst frozen injector from the fuel injector cleaner.
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

Number of posts : 363
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptyMon May 25, 2009 9:27 am

it was doing it before the fuel injector cleaner so i dont think that is it. The CAS could be the problem, mark the bolts positions and pull it off, rotate the little cylinder and be sure it rotates smoothly and evenly. Have you run an self diagnostic? that could help point us in the right direction. It could be a number of simple little things that got accidentally tampered with when the water pump was getting replaced or overlooked even. If you have run a code and it is all clear ie code 55 then try cleaning the connectors to your PTU, CAS, coil packs, and any other sensor that may have been tampered with when your friend was fixing your water pump.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/thescarredpoet
mypearlZ

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:56 am

i get a code 56 which is something to do with the automatic tranny. but i did a 5 speed swap so that not it. i was at a friends houst and for some reason it did the same thing one night. was thinking if it is the fuel pump possibley not getting enough fuel? i have full tank i took off the tfuel off the motor and its spiting fuel out. maybe not enought octane. i put premium chevron in it. i was tinking withi it one day and i got it to start up. hit 2k rpm and just drop and died wouldnt start since
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:58 pm

i think i may have a a solution for you. If you still have the Automatic ECU in there its probably your problem. Try and find your year ECU for a manual tranny. Also im sure this is a stupid question but make sure you have the right wiring harness for he manual tranny as well. Is the manual tranny a TT or an NA tranny, there diffrent so that might possibly be an issue too. let me know
Back to top Go down
mypearlZ

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:04 am

i am using the automatic ecu and the harness is the same only different is the reverser lights dont work. in another forum they said. using the automatic ecu would be fine. the difference in the tt tranny is it has a bigger bell housing and better syncros
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:36 pm

ok cool, it was just a suggestion Smile quick question when was the last time you checked your spark plugs? I know this is a seemingly simple problem, but i had my car do something similar and i went through new injectors, CAS, all kinds of stuff before i finally pulled my spark plugs and realised they were all fouled. If you havnt already pull your plugs and check, hopefully it will be that simple Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mypearlZ

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:49 pm

well RIP MY 300zx. i blow a head gasket or bent valve. i going to part it out. i took it to a shop and the shop said i DONT have any compression... banghead blow up Jaw Drop :swear. what waist of 4k bucks. o well. send me email mechcanic408@yahoo.com, call or txt 408 329 2734. u need any parts the 5 speed still good. and the injectors are too. unless u guys got anymore ideas.

THANKS TO ALL WHOM TRIED TO HELP.. Your Good cheers
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:31 am

sorry to hear... Wish I could drop the 5spd into my car, that would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help pls idk what is wrong with my z   Help pls idk what is wrong with my z Empty

Back to top Go down

Help pls idk what is wrong with my z
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zenthusiast.net :: Z car Modifications & Technical Topics :: Fourth Gen 300ZX (Z32)-
Jump to: