Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for a brave mechanic

Go down 
+2
Mr Z
lll908
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lll908

Number of posts : 3
Car Year/Make/Model : 1980 280ZX
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Looking for a brave mechanic Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a brave mechanic   Looking for a brave mechanic EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 3:11 am

Hi,

I am really sorry to say that for certain reasons, I have had my 1980 ZX in my garage since 1996. I used to take it out for runs every week, but the last time I tried, the clutch linkage snapped. I don't think this is that big of a deal as I had a Subaru FF1 whose linkage would snap on me every 300 miles or so and I would just make sure I always had cotter pins and would fix it on the roadside. What I do know is a problem is that I did not disconnect the battery or anything in all this time.

My situation now is, I had a major house fire last year and I am finally able to start the demolition and rebuild process. I would like to take this opportunity to have the car towed to someone, or some business, who could get it back into running condition for me. I am in no hurry once the car is towed, if someone wants to take their time, months even, that is fine.

Also, I remember reading several years ago in my local paper, the Hunterdon Democrat, that there was a Z enthusiast who worked on them who lived in Bethlehem Township NJ. Cannot find the article, so I don't know his name.

Can anyone help, or at least point me in the right direction? By the way, the mileage is 26K.

Thanks,

Linda
Back to top Go down
Mr Z
Mod
Mr Z

Number of posts : 298
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx 2+2
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a brave mechanic   Looking for a brave mechanic EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 4:41 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/MrZ912
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

Number of posts : 363
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a brave mechanic   Looking for a brave mechanic EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:23 am

i dont know much about the 280Z but i wish i could take you up on your offer regardless. Most of the people i know work only on the Z32. plus i dont live in NJ Sad i just wanted to post this to let you know people are here an listening. I wish you the best of luck and welcome to Zen
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/thescarredpoet
lll908

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a brave mechanic   Looking for a brave mechanic EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 1:23 am

Thanks so much for the reply! It is good to know people are reading this. I am thinking I may have to bring it to the Nissan dealer.. yuck. Linda
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a brave mechanic   Looking for a brave mechanic EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Check w. Barry (NJ), he may not come on here very often but if you pm him I'm sure he would help you out.

http://www.zenthusiast.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=7
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
lll908

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a brave mechanic   Looking for a brave mechanic EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks so much! I just sent him a message. Linda
Back to top Go down
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a brave mechanic   Looking for a brave mechanic EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:11 am

I am not sure how far away from me you are but so far we (my business) has built two 1983 Datsun 280Z's. I'm guessing yours is the non turbo?

On a side note... welcome to ZEN, it's nice to welcome another older model Z. Feel free to post up some pictures of the 280Z so we can all drool Wink

~Christina
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
Barry (NJ)
Mod
Barry (NJ)

Number of posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a brave mechanic   Looking for a brave mechanic EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:47 am

Hi Linda,

I saw your PM today and replied.

Best, Barry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a brave mechanic   Looking for a brave mechanic Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a brave mechanic
Page 1 of 1