Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New here to the forums and wanted some opinion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gere200

Number of posts : 5
Car Year/Make/Model : N/A so far, waiting to get mine soon!
Registration date : 2009-06-13

New here to the forums and wanted some opinion Empty
PostSubject: New here to the forums and wanted some opinion   New here to the forums and wanted some opinion EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:06 am

Hey everyone, I am new here to the Z Forums. I am getting closer and closer to purchasing a Z32 here in New Jersey. I just have a few concerns before I do. I want to make it my daily driver but I know that RWD cars sometimes don't cut it. I wanted to know if there were any DD drivers here in New Jersey who drive a Z32 in the winter. Also are there any good mechanics that can work on the Z32 here in New Jersey that will give me good prices as opposed to going to the dealer. I know that this is a complicated car so I want the best for it. Let me know guys, and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: New here to the forums and wanted some opinion   New here to the forums and wanted some opinion EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:23 am

There are a number of close Z members who work on and help out Z owners in that area. Barry, is actually in NJ and a great guy who tends to help out other Z enthusiasts when he can. Even if he can't help he would be able to point you in the right direction.

As for the NJ winter. I can only tell you with a PA winter it hasn't been that bad. I have driven my Z DD for the past three years. Now in the ice she sucks...plan and simple. Snow I haven't had much problems with.

If you do get a Z32 I would get it on the road before winter so you can learn how to handle a RWD car vs a FWD car. They are two different machines and handle very differently in all tyles of weather.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
Gere200

PostSubject: Re: New here to the forums and wanted some opinion   New here to the forums and wanted some opinion EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:25 am

Great to hear that you don't have any problems with your Z in the winter. Now that puts my fears to rest about driving one here in Jersey... =)
Back to top Go down
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: New here to the forums and wanted some opinion   New here to the forums and wanted some opinion EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 am

If you don't have to I wouldn't recommend it only because it's chancing it with the other loony drivers out there. But if it's a DD like mine... then you shouldn't have any problems Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
Gere200

PostSubject: Re: New here to the forums and wanted some opinion   New here to the forums and wanted some opinion EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:01 am

Great!! Since I am getting the 2+2 im sure that the extra weight in the back will help a bit and some serious winter tires will help as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here to the forums and wanted some opinion   New here to the forums and wanted some opinion Empty

Back to top Go down

New here to the forums and wanted some opinion
Page 1 of 1