Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)... Empty
PostSubject: Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)...   Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:28 am

So yeah, been interested in bikes for a while but never really wanted one due to losing a number of friends to bike accidents. Anyhow I have been looking more and more into them since I started working at a Motorcycle/ATV dealership. Anyhow...

I coworker of mine has a 06 Katana 650 that she is selling for $2,000 OBO
brand new paint, new fuel lines, everything rebuilt. All work done by the dealership I work at.

My only thing is I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I see how other people drive when I'm in the Z, half the time they cut me off like they dont see me. And I know if they can't see the Z they wont be able to see me on a bike.

Anyone here have any opinions or ride and have any suggestions?

Thanks
~Christina
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
300z32x

300z32x

Number of posts : 523
Car Year/Make/Model : 96 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)...   Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)... EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:02 pm

I have noticed living in Atlanta, people will drive crazy around cars, but when they see/hear a bike, that they would drive uber carefull. Before my bike and I got into a fight with the pavement they always gave me plenty of room, they would never ride my ass or anything. Maybe Atlanta is just more loving than other places, highly doubt that but.....
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)...   Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)... EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:20 am

Bikes are fantastically addictive, nothing like the experience of being on a bike.

Comes with proportionate amount of danger... Get yourself a top-of-the-line helmet and leathers, a healthy amount of paranoia, and ENJOY!

I want a bike again sooooo bad.
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV

PostSubject: Re: Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)...   Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)... EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 12:36 pm

i just may be the resident bike 'expert'?

ive been riding since 99 on crotch rockets to cruisers, every major brand and size.

from all you have described, it sounds like a deal. has it been down? mileage? why did it need a rebuild already? 2K-3K is about all i'd suggest to anyone for their first time bike.

hopefully you have sportbike rider friends to show you things hands on. that particular bike is kinda heavy (is it something youd be able to right back up in case you dropped it?)

your awareness level def needs to be higher, but naturally it will be due to no radio or food or fon to fiddle with.

motorcycling to me not only brings a feeling of freedom, but a good feeling about saving some gas and the environment at the same time.

i usually modify my bike to have brighter headlights and a louder exhaust to help in being seen and heard. any specific ques?
fire away!
Back to top Go down
RBPoweredZ32

Number of posts : 7
Car Year/Make/Model : 90 Nissan 300zx
Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)...   Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:39 am

I've been riding motocross bikes since I was 5 years old, and on the street since 16 (1998). Bikes are great after you learn the basics of riding but the street is a dangerous place to learn! I just sold my ZX6RR, I want another bike but with the recent influx of assholes on bikes its too easy to get killed. Plus, even though you may see a bike near you, most people are oblivious! I looked at a new Aprilia the other day but talked myself out of it, not to mention that the more money I spend on my bike the less money I have for my Z32!
Back to top Go down
http://NEPAStreetRacing.com
cherryz

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)...   Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:29 pm

I'd much rather ride in the dirt than on the street. Much safer.
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)...   Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)... Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking into getting a bike (crotch rocket)...
Page 1 of 1