Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Diagnosed a bad plug today

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cherryz

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Diagnosed a bad plug today Empty
PostSubject: Diagnosed a bad plug today   Diagnosed a bad plug today EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:50 am

Seriously thought it was another bad injector, so dove in this afternoon expecting to do a dremel job on #5. After getting the balance tube off and clearing away the fuel lines to get to the injector, I tested the injector before going any further and.... lo and behold it tested good at 11 ohms!

Well, that was the good news, now had to figure out what was causing my total miss on #5 cylinder. So, I pulled the coil & plug on #5 and wanted to compare it to something that worked so pulled coil & plug from #3 as well.

#5 on left, #3 on right:
Diagnosed a bad plug today Plugs_20090703

I swapped coils & plugs between #5 and #3, then buttoned everything back up. Next bit of good news, the misfire moved to #3. So I swapped coil packs between #3 and #1 and the misfire stayed with #3 so.... bad plug!

I ended up getting a PFR6G-11 from Nissan (other plugs are PFR6B-11), threw it in #3 position and... magic! The car is back running smooth again.
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/

Diagnosed a bad plug today
Page 1 of 1