Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you stay fit?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Z_trbl_mkr
Admin
Z_trbl_mkr

Number of posts : 654
Car Year/Make/Model : '90 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Registration date : 2008-07-01

How do you stay fit? Empty
PostSubject: How do you stay fit?   How do you stay fit? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:19 am

So after talking to Kelly and her telling me about the P90 fitness program she is in. I figured I'd see what everyone does to stay fit.

So post your routine, before and after pix, whatever, as long as it's fitness related.

I guess I'll start...

After moving back here to PA, I set myself on a better diet, watching what I'm eating, setting portions, and switching Turbo jam cardio and strength training workouts 3-4 times a week. I have now lost a total of 52lbs since I have been home! I am so happy to be getting into shape! I am really striving to be able to feel confident about my weight this summer. Plus the Turbo Jam program teaches you a number of self defense skills and really works on toning the midsection. Maybe this summer I'll post a before and after... we'll see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/z_trbl_mkr
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: How do you stay fit?   How do you stay fit? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:27 am

sure not by eating a whole pizza to myself (1520cal)

missing out on a morning run due to late night ebaying..

and topping it off with 2 sugar coated doughnuts for breakfast!

Embarassed

ill post the DO list later...
gotta run
Back to top Go down
300z32x

300z32x

Number of posts : 523
Car Year/Make/Model : 96 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: How do you stay fit?   How do you stay fit? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:28 am

1. I tend to mostly drink water or vitamin water.
2 A. Start with a nice stretch and jump rope
2 B. Run roughly a mile or two (depends how I wake up) every morning. Followed by a cool down jog.
3. Try to stay away from fast food (but adobo, pancit, and rice become my weakness!)
4. Work
5. Push-ups, sit-ups, bench press, curls, leg press with various weights
6. Uphill spring with a parachute.

During Cold weather.
1. Sit down and watch TV.
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: How do you stay fit?   How do you stay fit? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:42 am

I like Tigger's workout. Mine's less regular on week-to-week basis, but I've been keeping at it for ~8 years so the benefits stay with me over time. Plus I've got a naturally high metabolism so I can still pretty much eat what I want, though I do stay away 99% from fried foods.

- Warm-up run (1 mile)
- Combination of free / cable weights

Allternate push/pull in a super-circuit. Nothin' fancy, just keep at it.

What I've been playing with lately are super-slow reps vs. increasing weight. I'm starting to get some tenderness in my bicep tendons (inside elbow, not sure of technical term) so I think I need to back off on the weight and use slow reps instead.

Not sure if this is right or not, but... I don't feel good about my workouts unless I've got some muscle soreness the next day.

No before/after pics, I'm already "after". Before I was self-conscious about my skinny arms so wore long-sleeved shirts all the time. Not any more!
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: How do you stay fit?   How do you stay fit? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:14 pm

^ think we have similar build.. hard to GAIN ectomorphs.

not to say i cant get love handles! but once they showed up i made sure to keep em at bay.

damm. congrats on the loss tina!

when i find myself getting out of shape i get more strict with the diet.. low fats.. low carbs.. high proteins. and i eat ALOT. alot of times that is.. and try not to gorge at one sitting. 'graze' smaller meals all day like a horse.

and i turn up the cardio doing 20min intervals to get the heart rate up to it's max. and then try to do that burn first thing in the AM for the most burn thruout the day.

i always try to vary my lifting routine also.

ques on my engrish? ask away
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: How do you stay fit?   How do you stay fit? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:46 pm

^^ agree, grazing is important to keeping metabolism up, no big meals for me
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: How do you stay fit?   How do you stay fit? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:03 pm

its soooo hard for me to not take advantage of a buffet Razz

so at yesterdays pizza buffet.. i tried to load up on salad first (minimal dressing) which is mostly water weight. but i still managed to down 6 thin slices Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you stay fit?   How do you stay fit? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you stay fit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zenthusiast.net :: Off Topic/ Other :: Off Topic-
Jump to: