Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

just thought id share....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
evil zx(t)

evil zx(t)

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-07-17

just thought id share.... Empty
PostSubject: just thought id share....   just thought id share.... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:06 pm

on a turbo vs supercharger thread from another site i shared some knowledge. i figured i might share it here also.

just a little random theory/info......

even though a supercharger takes power to make it. a supercharger "could" create more power than a turbo........

(pause for the haters) lol

with a constant boost pressure you can build a more reliable motor, intern throw more boost to the motor. ok even if you think (or know) turbos are better think about this. if you have the same boost pressure from start to finish you dont have to compensate for the variable boost with extreme tuning or a build that has to except no boost and also full boost. you can build a more stable motor that is meant for high boost and can handle it. this same build would not operate correctly with no boost at the hit of the throttle. basically you can not reliably push a motor to its max potential with a turbo because that single motor has to be able to run like two separate motors one being a na motor and the other being a boosted motor. with a turbo boosted motor you have to make and match your fuel to the changing boost. when you lower the compression to run a turbo you loose a big chunk of your low end power and tork. you also can not run the compression at the rate that it would be beneficial to the turbo (for 4 cylinder motors especially).

now i dont know everything, i can help with my experience, im not tryin to put down turbos (i run one myself) im just helping with some knowledge that i can share.

good luck (especially if you run turbos) jk lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cracker_no_1
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV
Registration date : 2008-07-02

just thought id share.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: just thought id share....   just thought id share.... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 pm

lol.

i love the turbo/SC debate.

i think each has their own applications. i couldnt say one is better than the other. they obviously each have their own positive and negative aspects. i think it just depends on what the user ultimately wants.
max power, adjustability, cost, response, reliability.. etc. etc..

but the more info the better, knowledge is power! cheers

that being said.. i think i want my next project car to be a old muscle car (60's stang or camaro) with a simple SC'ed motor!
orrrrrrr...... a SC SBC 240/260Z? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

just thought id share....
Page 1 of 1