Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ran Some ECU Diagnostics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nicelyphe

Number of posts : 8
Car Year/Make/Model : 1992 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Ran Some ECU Diagnostics Empty
PostSubject: Ran Some ECU Diagnostics   Ran Some ECU Diagnostics EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:45 am

Well as many of you on this forum may know that Ive been having problems with my car such as miss firing, high idle, idle jumping, sometimes just dying out, and the gas in the oil pan situation.

Today i figured it was nice enough to go out and learn something new, so i figured id make an effort and run self diagnostics on my ECU.

The ECU gave me a code of Long Flash, Short Flash, Short Flash, Short Flash. From what i see on the diagnostics page is that its a Code 13. That states that The Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor circuit is open or shorted (abnormally high or low voltage is registered.)

So I'm guessing i should replace my Temp Sensor and the harness that goes onto it.

Now for the O2 sensor diagnostics i ran also, I'm going to need some opinions on this one..I put the computer into Mode II -Heated Oxygen Sensor Monitor.

The results i got on the Left Side was that the light flashed every 2 Sec.

The results i got on the Right side was that the light was off for Approx. 5 Sec. Then it went on for Approx. 20 Sec.

These results are with the motor run at 2000 RPMS.

Any advice or opinions from anyone?
Back to top Go down

Ran Some ECU Diagnostics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zenthusiast.net :: Z car Modifications & Technical Topics :: Fourth Gen 300ZX (Z32)-
Jump to: