Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brembo 300ZX Brake System [4-Piston 13.125" Rotors]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
clickdoc

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Brembo 300ZX Brake System [4-Piston 13.125" Rotors] Empty
PostSubject: Brembo 300ZX Brake System [4-Piston 13.125" Rotors]   Brembo 300ZX Brake System [4-Piston 13.125" Rotors] EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 5:23 am

So i need some help from some with mechanical skills, a while back i got a new set of wheels that i put on without a torque wrench -- and i got them too tight -- anyway i got a torque wrench and redid the job but it appears i was too late -- i think i have warped my brembo rotors -- symptom - steering wheel chatter and low speeds & light brake pressure - seems fine with a heavy pressure on brake:

Is my diagnosis correct ?
Can drilled rotors be turned?

thanks
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Brembo 300ZX Brake System [4-Piston 13.125" Rotors] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brembo 300ZX Brake System [4-Piston 13.125" Rotors]   Brembo 300ZX Brake System [4-Piston 13.125" Rotors] EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 6:22 am

seems right. you checked lug tq's first?

most places do not like to turn drilled from my exp. are you holes just straight cut? or chamfered? (sp?) i think if you have that taper it would reduce the chance of cracking.. but it all depends on the shop. thats a big liability.
Back to top Go down

Brembo 300ZX Brake System [4-Piston 13.125" Rotors]
Page 1 of 1