Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello from NW jersey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brokendoos

Number of posts : 4
Car Year/Make/Model : 1974 260Z (2), 1976280Z, 1978280Z
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Hello from NW jersey Empty
PostSubject: Hello from NW jersey   Hello from NW jersey EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Glad to join the forum. My name is Kevin and have been a Z enthusiast for over 15 years. Currently have 4 cars 2 74's a 76 and a 78. would love to meet some local folks to share the hobby with. Been a mechanic for almost 20years. I have owned atleast 14 of these cars so it's a large passion as well as snowmobiles and dirt bikes/motorcycles. Drop me a line and lets get those troublesome gems we own out and about!!
Back to top Go down
Brokendoos

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW jersey   Hello from NW jersey EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:14 pm

and I will gladly lend my mechanical expertise and Z knowledge to those requiring assistance!
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW jersey   Hello from NW jersey EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:53 am

welcome to the site! theres a handful of NJites here. I actually grew up in fairlawn for a few years too.
Back to top Go down
northstarninja

northstarninja

Number of posts : 8
Car Year/Make/Model : 1974 260Z
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW jersey   Hello from NW jersey EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:52 am

Brokendoos wrote:
and I will gladly lend my mechanical expertise and Z knowledge to those requiring assistance!

Whoa 4 ZZZZ's? I'm currently working on my first, prepping for paint etc... Any suggestions on treating rust that can't be ground/cut/wire wheeled out?

I wish I knew someone with a media blaster....
Back to top Go down
Brokendoos

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW jersey   Hello from NW jersey EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:58 am

I have a media blaster. works quite well actually. which model are you working on? I have 4 but have had atleast 14 of them over the years. POR-15 products work very well for rust inhibitors. whats your level of mechanical expertise? do you own a welder? let me know what you have for a project and I'll be happy to give some direction.
Back to top Go down
Brokendoos

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW jersey   Hello from NW jersey EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:00 am

hmmmm judging from your profile you have a 260. I have two of them an early and late. send me your woes and we'll chat. if you want my cell number PM me.
Back to top Go down
northstarninja

northstarninja

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW jersey   Hello from NW jersey EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:10 am

lol, working on a 260Z- an early 260z I believe...

my level of mechanical expertise is pretty decent, getting into fabrication and whatnot.
I can fix 99% of things, though I'm not as proficient with custom wiring as I would like to be.

Yes I own a welder, its a cheap lincoln electric 3200hd currently running fluxcored gasless wire. On my to do list is get it setup to run gas... unfortunately I broke my welding helmet...

a little background on the car- its from texas, was shipped up here by the previous owner, who either didn't want to deal with the rust/resto or didnt want to update the suspension drivetrain. So I got it pretty cheap. It seems the only serious rust in on the floorpansm where the firewall seam meets the floorpan. I don't have much of a budget, so I need to source some appropriate sheetmetal and do the whole cut/weld/grind/repeat process...

The cars not rusty enough to warrant getting it acid dipped, and it probably only needs spot media blasting... (most of the rust I can get to with a angle grinder/wire wheel)
Back to top Go down
northstarninja

northstarninja

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW jersey   Hello from NW jersey EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:49 am

pm sent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW jersey   Hello from NW jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from NW jersey
Page 1 of 1