Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mwest300zx

Number of posts : 10
Car Year/Make/Model : 04 350z Conv. & 93 300zx Conv
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?   Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:17 am

If you ever thought about taking your Z to the track, by a track I mean a Road Course. You won't be going in a straight line, you won't always be going left. You'll be making rights and lefts and going straight. You'll be on track for 4, 20-30 minute sessions depending on the club you may get 5 sessions and some clubs run 30 minute sessions. Here in the Northeast I'm talking about places like Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, New Jersey Motor Sports Park, Summit Point, Monticello and Pocono. If you ever wanted to try your car out on a track like these without looking for cops and deer (although every now and then some wildlife appear on the track) you can do this safely and relatively inexpensively. And you can do this without modifying you car. if it's a hardtop you don't need a roll bar. If' it's a convertible, unfortunately most clubs & tracks require some kind of roll over protection. Only 1 club I know allows you on track without a rollbar in a convertible. The DelVal Miata Club does 2 track days every year in July at Pocono. No rollbars required. it's open to all cars, although they are booked for this July you can get on a waiting list. Some of the clubs offer what they call a Taste of The track. For about $50, they'll loan you a helmet and provide an instructor and let you out on track for about 30 minutes--this is a good inexpensive way to get a taste and probably become addicted. Check out this web-site:pdadrivingschool.com. This will give you some of the basic info. You can ask me any questions you may have, I'll be glad to help.
Back to top Go down
JustinGB

JustinGB

Number of posts : 13
Car Year/Make/Model : 1992 Nissan 300ZX TT
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?   Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:40 am

When is the next local track event? Got a taste in April @ Monticello Motor Club and I'm hooked
Back to top Go down
http://www.NYZC.net
mwest300zx

Number of posts : 10
Car Year/Make/Model : 04 350z Conv. & 93 300zx Conv
Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?   Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:42 am

What club did you go out with ? Did you have an instructor.?
Check out www.pdadrivingschooll.com, they have Monticello on their schedule.
A real good source for track clubs is:www.motorsportsreg.com
This will give you links to most clubs and their schedule.
Also keep in mind that you can go with clubs such as PCA or Audi or whatever. You don't need a Porsche to go out the the Porsche Club. Normally you don't need to be a member either.
I'm going to NJMP the end of the month with PDA then back there again in mid-June with Reisentoter-Porsche Club.
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?   Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:22 am

Suspect

okay, so really, you posted the same thing in multiple places. really, i should delete or merge these threads.. but since traffic is so slow and im too lazy right now.. ill let it slide :p

this time!
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?   Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:41 pm

I've been to Virginia Int'l Raceway with the Triangle Z Club but never tracked. I just couldn't justify the expense but it was a blast being the photog for the event.

I did buy a helmet but never followed through. Auto-X would be fun, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?   Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 8:53 am

cherryz wrote:
I've been to Virginia Int'l Raceway with the Triangle Z Club but never tracked. I just couldn't justify the expense but it was a blast being the photog for the event.

I did buy a helmet but never followed through. Auto-X would be fun, I think.

you went..

you didnt drive.

YOU GOT RIPPED OFF!!

i have also been there for a few events with them, driving though! that measly few benjamins spent there for a weekend full of driving AND one on one instruction does better for extracting performance out of your car than any part you can put on.

By pushing it to the limit there and learning your cars capabilities and limits, you gain an awesome amount of confidence and control that directly applies to the street.

Auto-X is also a good venue, and way cheaper. you learn from your car as well at much lower speeds with much less worry of banging into other cars or other solid objects.
Back to top Go down
JustinGB

JustinGB

Number of posts : 13
Car Year/Make/Model : 1992 Nissan 300ZX TT
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?   Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:36 am

I went with Trackacardia, and there was an instructor with me at all times. It was trackacardia's first event ever.

I did my first track event this year and i'm hoping to go to Watkins/Monticello again in August, I've also done a few Auto-X's now. I wouldn't be so quick to say that Auto-X is cheaper, yeah you may only pay $40-50 for the whole day, but you are only getting 5-10 minutes of track time. The way I see it, I got way more out of my money at the track.
I didn't have to work when I wasn't driving, I was paying $2 a minute to drive vs. $4 per minute with auto x, I got to go much faster and it was just more fun.

Btw, I'm not downing Auto-x, it's awesome and does teach you a lot about your car and balance, but I think the track is a much better bang for the buck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NYZC.net
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?   Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course? EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:33 am

JustinGB wrote:

I didn't have to work when I wasn't driving, I was paying $2 a minute to drive vs. $4 per minute with auto x.

does put it into a different perspective thinking about it that way. people will come up with all kinds of excuses though for the $300 weekend fee.

off track/topic- (literally)
watching NASCAR on the road course @ road Atl right now. 10 car pile up. lol
silly circle trackers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?   Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Interested In Trying Their Z On A Road Course?
Page 1 of 1