Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

turbo timer install anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SpdCrazy

SpdCrazy

Number of posts : 203
Car Year/Make/Model : yes
Registration date : 2008-07-02

turbo timer install anyone? Empty
PostSubject: turbo timer install anyone?   turbo timer install anyone? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 8:46 am

i have a greddy turbo timer and i think i just might try to install it myself. anyone have a good write up or a tips and tricks for me?
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: turbo timer install anyone?   turbo timer install anyone? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:30 am

stock clock location usually works well.
Back to top Go down
Bre (FL)

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: turbo timer install anyone?   turbo timer install anyone? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 11:18 am

My boost controller is in my stock clock position and my turbo timer sits in the glove box. Its a nice install on both actually. Quite surprising.
Back to top Go down
SpdCrazy

SpdCrazy

PostSubject: Re: turbo timer install anyone?   turbo timer install anyone? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 12:14 pm

my bad i guess i wasn't real clear. i have my location picked out, its going in my glove box with my boost controller. but i need some advise on the wiring and whatnot.

i'm thinking my safc in the clock place
Back to top Go down
zmydust

zmydust

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: turbo timer install anyone?   turbo timer install anyone? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 10:26 am

you can get the harness from stillen to plug right in with no cuting and or splicing wires for $11.59 plus shiping. plugs in under stearing wheel at the ignition.simply unplug the harness then add new jumper harness between plugs (plugs in on both ends ) then go from there.....tap into e brake and go.......http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=GPTRBTM01&c=PE&m=all
Back to top Go down
SpdCrazy

SpdCrazy

PostSubject: Re: turbo timer install anyone?   turbo timer install anyone? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:27 am

haha. just bought that a few days ago. now i just need my car back and to install!

thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Tony@GZ
Mod
Tony@GZ

Number of posts : 186
Car Year/Make/Model : 1995 Nissan 300ZX TT
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: turbo timer install anyone?   turbo timer install anyone? EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 1:22 am

I was going to say it’s worth the extra cash to just get the plug and play harness. Too bad they still don’t have them for the 350Z. I hade to make a custom one when doing a 350ZTT build a year or so ago not exactly fun soldering in that area LOL.
turbo timer install anyone? Laptop049

turbo timer install anyone? Laptop050

turbo timer install anyone? Laptop051
Back to top Go down
http://www.gz-performance.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: turbo timer install anyone?   turbo timer install anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

turbo timer install anyone?
Page 1 of 1