Zenthusiast.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What did you do to your car today?!

Go down 
+8
BOOZT_JUNKIE
Barry (NJ)
Blacktwin
Z_trbl_mkr
fairladyaffair
JDMZ32
cherryz
nismo300zr2
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cherryz

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:35 am

nismo300zr2 wrote:
was cover always silver and black? how'd you turn the red strip black?

My strip is black (NA) but I did spray the rest of the cover with chrome paint and used a scrub brush on the intake runners and TBs... Needs a LOT more work, though...

I am pretty humbled by the contrast of what *I* do to my car vs. what Rob and Reid and Nate do to theirs. Good thing I have an NA/auto, I guess!
Back to top Go down
http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

Number of posts : 363
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:49 am

obsession is the word lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/thescarredpoet
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

Number of posts : 1096
Car Year/Make/Model : 91 300zx/85 toy GTS/05 CTD/01 zook SV

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:40 am

bah.. i havnt done anything to my car lately besides add/remove rim tape and listen to it hiss at me :-/
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:17 am

you finally removed it all huh...well i guess its for the best haha.

all i did today was check on the status of my machine work, remove the pully and old cut power steering lines from the NA power steering pump i got from Tony, and yell at Z1 to send me my stuff which they sent most of it and will send the rest once it arrives. (shock boots and front sway bar bushings are on backorder) They didnt charge me for the shipping and this way i can go ahead and install the steering rack bushings while the engine is out. Also called up the salvage yard i got my NA power steering pump, reservoir and bracket from because they didnt send the actual block attachment that i needed. Actually it was Tony that ordered it i just called and acted like him ( with his consent lol ) and got them to ship it free of charge Very Happy In other news im not going with stock rods anymore i broke down and bought the eagle h beams. Just couldnt justify keeping it stock when it was right there to be done. THe stock rods are forged and i got mine shot peened and added some arp rod bolts if anyone is interested in them. More later Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm

oh no, i didnt mean i took it all off, the one side is still there... i want to see it with the park bench once that finally comes in. Cool
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 pm

oh ok, let me know when it does i wanna see Smile
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:42 am

Look new toys! still waiting on the machine work though. Eagle H beam rods should be here friday so hopefully ill get the engine block machined heads and crank back Sat morning.

pics for fun
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 L_368b607a5d5542b08b5da6bdd63d6adf
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:58 am

Well i definatly didnt get as much done as i wanted today BUT i did manage to install my steering rack bushing today although im having some tie rod problems that i will solve soon enough (hardware is old and worn out from the many removals)

I did have a very important part come in today though Smile
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 L_fd64403015bf4678a84881595bd5f46c
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:36 pm

rods.. yah.. may need those. lol. do you have a projected time for driving again? brandon and i are talking about a cruise down to wilmington, we may try working his issues this weekend or next week.

today, i pushed the Z out into the pollen cloud and fiddled around with the park bench fitment. UGH lots of customization to be done.
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:04 pm

i thought i'd do my flower pot mod today when i got off from work but i wasn't feeling well and sat down on the couch "10mm wrench in hand" for a sec and next thing i know i wake up 5hrs later and there's a 100+lb dog sleeping in my lap..oh well maybe tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
cherryz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:17 pm

Any idea what happened to the 10mm wrench?
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:48 am

lmao! yah.. those tend to disappear alot, along with the 10 and 12 mm sockets -.-
Back to top Go down
cherryz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:21 am

I finally relocated my det sensor to the back of the plenum, and re-installed my Ashspec ECU. Been wanting to get rid of that code 34 for a LONG time and finally had some time this afternoon.

Also fixed a water leak in the pass side door speaker on my Land Cruiser. PO didn't leave the plastic shield in when they put in aftermarket speakers so it's been leaking into the door pocket and pass side carpet for a while, finally figured out where it was coming from. Used a Cool Whip container to create a shield behind the speaker. Pretty ghetto but it works!
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 7:12 am

ahhh cool wip Smile brings a smile to my face. As for a projected time, it looks as though i might be able to drop the motor in the car next weekend, that is if the machinest finishes the 5 angle valve job on my heads before this coming thursday. Until then i have alot of work ahead of me assembling said block but made really good progress today. Yes i have some pics Very Happy

Crank cleaned and balanced, ignore the roller board in the backround, some tool in a jacked up dodge (huge) was using it to roll underneath his truck...he couldnt even reach the bottom of it...idiot.
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 L_626850474624491aaa9a73e3fbf76cc7

Block with main studs screwed in place
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 L_2992abc152ee47afaafff7efb68bc627

Gurdle with ACL racing bearings clipped in place
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 L_de931e54330c42ccb8007500066ec1b6

block with crank, bearings, and gurdle in place and torqued to 65 ft lbs
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 L_0f359260f19c4b1f9aa079c437d0b2f6

block bored to 88mm
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 L_88b8b463d06d4f95bec24801973798dc

Fully assempled Wiseco forged and ceramic coated pistons and rings with Eagle H beam rods
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 L_dc2aabfcd7d54d84968937d85947cfd7
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 L_038c3f1bd8734767994c7c21e604d64c
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 8:04 am

cherryz wrote:
Any idea what happened to the 10mm wrench?
lol..woke up stilll clutching it.
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:44 pm

cherryz wrote:
I finally relocated my det sensor to the back of the plenum, and re-installed my Ashspec ECU. Been wanting to get rid of that code 34 for a LONG time and finally had some time this afternoon.

Also fixed a water leak in the pass side door speaker on my Land Cruiser. PO didn't leave the plastic shield in when they put in aftermarket speakers so it's been leaking into the door pocket and pass side carpet for a while, finally figured out where it was coming from. Used a Cool Whip container to create a shield behind the speaker. Pretty ghetto but it works!

hey, if zip lock works for curing my hesitation.. cool whip can sure fill in as a splash shield for the land cruiser. lol
nice work on the sensor. i hope its something i never have to worry about.

reid,.. wholly crap! i love that your documenting and taking tons of pics.. but it may help things out later if you consolidated and made your own dedicated build thread!

cheers
Back to top Go down
cherryz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:23 am

x2

that kind of engine build-up is a beautiful sight to behold....
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:29 am

ok thats no problem, ill make a project thread. I would have you pictures today but i snapped one of my piston rings thanks to the cheap ring compresser im using (and my lack of patience) so i have to wait till wednesday at the earliest to get that. BUT NO MATTER. i have to wait on my heads to be machined anyway not to mention my plenum to be ported to 58 mm and i have plenty of small things i can do in the mean time. Today i got the oil jets installed (that i foolishly waited till after everything was in to install (hince the reason i had to pull a piston and ended up snapping a ring, i got them all in there without a hitch, with gap and everything YEA GO ME!) all the pistons but one and installed the main seal and most of the oil pump (missing hardware also foolishly left it at the house) but no matter. will get good pics for all of you tomorrow and will post them all in a actual project thread along with the ones i alreadu have Smile
Back to top Go down
nismo300zr2
Mod
nismo300zr2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:11 am

i never asked.. how are you tackling all this? by web? or book? or have a secret helper? scratch

i'd love to get into the engine that deep.
Back to top Go down
Blacktwin

Blacktwin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:41 am

well my to do list has grown..

install pots
make and install splash shield
compression check
weld bungs to test pipes
purchase and install wideband
maybe install the SAFCII
possible ecu reprogram

just when you think your done..."sigh"
Back to top Go down
cherryz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:22 am

I need to do a compression check some time...
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:54 am

nismo300zr2 wrote:
i never asked.. how are you tackling all this? by web? or book? or have a secret helper? scratch

i'd love to get into the engine that deep.

i just started tearing stuff out and learning as i went. If i had any questions i would look it up or ask. I just sourced Tony for parts and experience suggestions. Not to mention recommendations on tools and such. After i got it all tore down and dropped it off at the machine shop i told them i wanted to do the build just to finsh the machine work and give me back the parts. I got a bay at the hobby shop (where my car sits as we speak, you should swing by if youd like to see the chaos) and Dave and Jay that work there have been great help, if i have a question i ask, they give a simple answer and i attempt it with my own two hands. It has been real rewarding so far. Tomorrow ill jump back on it and hope to drop a fully assembled motor in, cross yur fingers Smile
What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 L_8cc182caeee6491280e79dde08511ac3
Back to top Go down
cherryz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 10:10 pm

"... a bay at the hobby shop..."

A missing component for 99.999% of us...
Back to top Go down
fairladyaffair

fairladyaffair

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:18 am

lol this is true but most of my learning has been in my own drive way making a phone call to someone or simply searching the internet and then doing my best to translate it into ahhh so thats what they ment!

also managed to get the injectors, water pipe for heater coil that attaches to the heads as well as to the radiator from the front of the heads installed, and got the covers and cam gears installed, started working on the timing belt but its kicking my ass since ive never done it before. pics on my actualy page later
Back to top Go down
cherryz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 4:11 am

Changed my rear pads today, putting in a set of slightly used ones I bought from Reid.... As I'm putting things away, I find this small box that I thought was a Honda oil filter, unopened....

Guess what it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do to your car today?!   What did you do to your car today?! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your car today?!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next